Saturday, January 17, 2015

reflection task 2b breaking bad









Breaking Bad is an American crime drama television series created and produced by Vince Gilligan. The show originally aired on the AMC network for five seasons. It tells the story of Walter White, a struggling high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer, and together with his former student Jesse Pinkman, turns to a life of crime, producing and selling crystallized methamphetamine to secure his family's financial future before he dies. The show's title is from a Southern colloquialism meaning to "raise hell". 
Walter's family consists of his wife Skyler and children, Walter, Jr. a.k.a. Flynn and Holly. The show also features Skyler's sister Marie Schrader, and her husband Hank, a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agent. Walter hires lawyer Saul Goodman, who connects him with private investigator and fixer Mike Ehrmantraut and in turn Mike's employer, drug kingpin Gus Fring. The final season introduces the characters of Todd Alquis and Lydia Rodarte-Quayle.Breaking Bad is widely regarded as one of the greatest television series of all time. By the time the series finale aired, the series was among the most-watched cable shows on American television. The show received numerous awards, including sixteen Primetime Emmy Awards, eight Satellite Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, two Peabody Awards and a People's Choice Award. For his leading performance, Cranston won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series four times. In 2013, Breaking Bad entered the Guinness World Records as the highest rated show of all time. That's why I chosed this series. My personal view is that this series deserve these awards because it reflects the real life masterly. It is the perfect example of an American family and crime world. I liked everything that this series includes. I watched all seasons, and I am not regretful, so I strongly recommend it to you. 

   Walter White and Tony Soprano represent mirror-image takes on the problem of evil, damnation and free will. Walter is a man who deliberately abandons the light for the darkness while Tony is someone born and raised in darkness. This series gives this message to society.







2 comments:

  1. DEAR AYLİN;
    I have just read your reflection task and I loved it very much although it has some mistakes.Actually it is not full of grammar but you used some improper words and sometimes you passed from one topic to another.It damages the completeness of your paragraph but it is normal I think because everyone can overlook these rules sometimes.For example;you say thats why I chosed this movie but you should say thats why I chose this movie.You also say I loved everything that this series includes.I think it would be more proper If you say I loved the content of this movie.At the beginning of your writing you mention about the content of this movie then you began to mention about the title and then you continued to mention from the content and it destroys the completeness of your paragraph.You should pay attention to this next time.Despite everyting I really loved your reflection task.I learned lots of things about this movie.I also loved the pictures you used.I also want to watch this series.Shortly;your writing is good in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU VERY MUCH KARDELEN. YOU HELP ME TO SEE MY MİSTAKE :D

    ReplyDelete